For the purposes of the California resident policies in this section, personal information does not include information that is exempt from the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), including personal information covered by other privacy laws such as the Fair Credit Reporting Act. In addition, if you have or had a business relationship with us, and provided personal information to ProForce in your capacity as a representative of a law enforcement agency, the CCPA may not apply to you or all of your personal information.
• Identifiers such as name, email address, telephone number, physical address, Internet Protocol address, online identifiers, government issued identification or licensure, or other similar identifiers;
• Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law such as age and gender;
• Financial and commercial information such as credit card or bank account information, as well as records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies;
• Internet or other network activity and/or device information such as information regarding your interaction with the Website, applications, and advertisements, and geolocation data; and
• For business-to-business Services, professional or employment related information, which includes information necessary to conduct background screenings and/or federal firearms license verifications.
We collect the categories of personal information described above from the following categories of sources:
• Information provided by you – this includes, but is not limited to, personal information you submit when completing on-line account registration, making requests for information or services (including subscriptions), entering promotional giveaways, and from similar communications with ProForce;
• Information from third parties acting on your behalf – this includes information that is automatically collected from the Internet or other network activity regarding your interaction with the Website, applications, and advertisements; and
• Information from government entities from which public records are maintained and other publicly available sources and unaffiliated service providers, including data resellers.
We have used or disclosed the personal information collected for one or more of the following business or commercial purposes within the last 12 months (excluding uses or disclosures we may be prohibited from reporting under applicable law):
• To conduct our business, including providing our products and services, and, where necessary, in order to assist us in verifying your identity;
• To fulfill and respond to your inquiries and requests, including providing you with support, investigating and addressing your concerns, monitoring and improving our responses, and to otherwise carry out the purposes for which you provided the information;
• For our marketing and promotional event services, including market data and research;
• To deliver ProForce content, product, and service offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and ads through the Website, third-party sites, and via email or text message (with your consent, where required by law);
• To perform in connection with your role, responsibilities, and/or status as an employee or officer representing a federal, state, or local law enforcement agency;
• To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our business and to respond, as necessary, to requests from regulators and law enforcement or as otherwise required by applicable law, regulation, court order, or similar demand; and
• As described to you when your personal information is collected or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
We have disclosed the categories of personal information listed above for business purposes to the following categories of parties within the last 12 months (excluding disclosures we may be prohibited from reporting under applicable law):
Affiliated entities of ProForce and unaffiliated service providers to help conduct our business, including operations, marketing and analytics; and
Third parties to whom you direct or authorize us to disclose your personal information, independent of or in connection with products and services we provide to you.
The CCPA provides California resident consumers with certain data rights with respect to the personal information businesses collect.
If you are a California resident consumer you have right to know the categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected, used, and disclosed about you, including the purpose of, and categories of third parties to whom, personal information was disclosed for a business purpose. To submit a request to know the categories of personal information we have collected or the specific pieces of information we have collected for the preceding 12 months, you may call us at 1-800-367-5855 or email our support team at CustomerService@proforceonline.com. You also may designate an authorized agent to make a request for access on your behalf.
You also have the right to request that we delete the personal information we have collected about you unless an exception under the CCPA applies, or the deletion of such information is otherwise restricted or prohibited by law, rule, or regulation. To submit a request that we delete any personal information we have collected about you, you may call us at 1-800-367-5855 or email our support team at: CustomerService@proforceonline.com. You also may designate an authorized agent to make a request for access on your behalf.
We may collect personal information about you in connection with you acting as a job applicant to or as an employee, director, officer, or contractor of ProForce. CCPA data rights are not available for personal information we collect about you in these contexts, including your emergency contact information and personal information that is necessary for us to retain to administer benefits for another person relating to you acting as a job applicant to or an employee, director, officer, or contractor of ProForce. Any personal information we collect and use under these circumstances will only be used within the context of your role or former role acting in such capacity.
We will work to confirm receipt of your request within 10 business days and provide you with information on how we will process your request, including our verification process. We may ask you to provide additional information in order to verify your identity before proceeding with your request. Such additional information will be used only to verify your identity and for security or fraud-prevention purposes. If additional information is required and we are unable to contact you with the contact information you have provided, we may be unable to respond to your request. We will work to respond to your request within 45 days from the date of receipt of your request or of all information necessary to proceed with processing the request, as applicable.
In addition to your ‘right to know’ and ‘right to delete’ personal information collected about you, if a business sells personal information, California resident consumers have the right to opt-out of the “sale” of their personal information, as such term is defined in the CCPA. ProForce does not sell your personal information.
A California resident consumer can designate an authorized agent to make a request under the CCPA on the consumer’s behalf. An authorized agent is an individual or a business entity registered with the California Secretary of State that a consumer has authorized to act on his or her behalf. If an authorized agent submits a request under the CCPA on behalf of a California resident consumer, we may require (a) documentation verifying authorization by the consumer to make the request, and (b) that the consumer on whose behalf the request is being made verify his or her identity directly with ProForce.
If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice for California Residents or any of ProForce other privacy policies and practices, please call 1-800-367-5855 or email our support team at CustomerService@proforceonline.com.